Sunday, July 22, 2007

Beaner Voice of Rightiousness

I have watched Carlos Mencia from time to time, and in the beginning I was not sure he was for real. His uber-candidness about Islamo-fascism made me think he was poking fun at any patriot who believed in the war on terror. Recently, I viewed one of his specials and realized it is no act.

Carlos appreciates the fact that he is an American. Likewise, he is proud of his Mexican heritage, not Hispanic--his parents were Mexican. All groups, ethnicities, creeds, religions, and quasi-self-promoting-protected "special interest groups" are fair game--even Mexican-Americans (thus my use of "Beaner" in the title).

Carlos once said," If there is a black joke I can't tell in Oakland, a beaner joke I can't tell in East L.A., or a cracker joke I can't tell in the South-- I don't have the right to tell the joke". Carlos does not use super-insulting racial slurs. However, you will find his use of "Beaner" sprinkled frequently in his act. He has the right he is one, but more than that he is American. Like all of us.

Carlos is the reincarnation of Richard Pryor in the sense that he has dis-empowers the political correctness that has caused us to edit our speech so much that it is hard anymore to be considered free. Carlos is especially critical of Islamo-fascist, and yes, he will refer to terrorists as Arabs. While our government has taken much effort not to "paint" all terrorists as Arabic, Carlos' message is simple--our terrorist enemies to the greatest extent are Arabic. There are terrorists of all nationalities, but Carlos is doing topical (and patriotic) stand-up, and our immediate enemy are the members of Al-Quaeda.

I doubt a white man could speak with the candidness of Mencia, which is a shame. However, the important thing, just as Prior did in the 1970's, Mencia is breaking the fascist/communist practice of political correctness. Yes, we need to treat all groups as equal and with fairness, but Mencia's philosophy is, you want equality, be prepared to be treated equally. If one does not understand what Carlos means, You Tube his bit on wheelchair occupants and amusement parks.

I can't believe what Carlos Mencia says. I hope there are stand up comedians everywhere taking notes. What he does is more than side-splitting humor. It is patriotism and democratic-republicanism in its finest form.

No comments: